Wednesday

Pruit Igo' Video

I am officially a fan of Pruit Igo. After watching his intriguing video on landscapes and cityscapes, I believe that he realizes the beauty in the urbania and nature. I also enjoyed this video because it was used in one of my favorite videogames of all time called "Grand Theft Auto".
The video showed the time lapse of a day going by and he toured certain places in the city area. So in a way, he represented the effect of speed and slow in this one video. This video was very powerful in which it used the music in collaboration with the scenes. It birthed a sense of neglect, hope, economy, value, reality and so much more. When I viewed this video I could not get my eyes off of it because the composition just pulled me in.
I believe that Pruit had many purposes for this video. He obviously wanted to show the effect of poverty in the cities and the viewer can experience feelings just by watching the video. Besides the downfall of the city, he showed the triumph and glory of the huge buildings and monumental architecture. Then he showed exploding and imploding buildings which takes the viewer back to the decline and degrade of today's society. Once again a very powerful building.

No comments:

Post a Comment