Monday

New Direction

This is the new direction I came from making a large collage. Instead I will be using this design to present my thoughts on the lying media and American history.

"I decided to use the power of text and shapes. To clearly understand what I mean I made a post in my blog to show the actual picture of a study I completed and presented in class on Friday to the grad student. It consists of lines that merge into the background with the word “sleep” in the center of it. The unique factor about it is that I use the lines to make the background and the word at the same time. By changing the direction of the lines at certain points, it creates different shapes and forms that created the letters in my project. The layout of the lines creates an illusion which makes the viewer stare at the image for a while to try to see the actual word because it is hidden but not hidden within the lines. Even staring at the word after you discover creates a blinking effect and the words begins to vibrate in your vision. I enjoy this method of presentation because it is something that the viewer will definitely remember because it plays with the mind. Another reason why I chose to do this approach is because it directly resembles the way hidden messages and lies in media and history are presented to the general public. Like the word “sleep” in my project, media and historical lies are hidden at first sight but if you look closer it is right in front of your face. The direct relationship shows that we as people must look more into things and we will discover the things that lie underneath. In my final thesis project I will not use the word “sleep” but I will use something more of meaning towards the topic that I’m trying to expose."

I feel like this approach to exposing the media will be great by the mental effects that it creates and the effects also leave imprints on the mind. I want people to remember this project so that when they go outside of this gallery they will look at the history, that they were taught from the tender ages of childhood til now, with a third eye and realize that there is always more than meets the eye.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to trace some of your thoughts this semester, and good that you show some work at the very end. More work and more reflection next semester to make this a useful tool for moving forward.

    ReplyDelete