Thursday

Money Talks!

I am officially inspired!

While browsing through the rapper "Jay- Z" blog called Life + Times, I found one of the best articles I have ever read and it was something I could incorporate into my own thesis. This picture will show you what I mean:


This is awesome and I was so shocked because it's something we see everyday but never really use it to it's full potential besides its spending power. The use of dollar bills to create revolutionary messages is so profound based on the history of the dollar and the messages on the actual physical bill. It's like taking a devil's trident and molding a cross out of it. This is such a powerful way to convey your opinion through something that is argueably the reason of most of our problems.

Going back to my thesis, I want to display a mirage of truths and expose the lies of American history and these art works inspire me because they are not saying a lot nor are they elaborate. The most important aspect is that they are EFFECTIVE. The first plans for my thesis was to make a large elaborate piece that forces you to give attention to it but I think I was to go more of a simple way like the art works shown above. I feel as if minimalistic approaches are more effective because they do not drown the message and/ or cross interact with the content embedded. The artist of these "Money Works" is Dan Tague and his website is here: http://dantaguestudio.com/index.php?/installation/cost-of-war-price-of-freedom/


No comments:

Post a Comment